We are excited to begin this new Trimester with music lessons, handwork, and Waldorf style learning. We are doing Spanish and Sign Language 2 days a week now, one day will be music lessons (Ukulele, Guitar, or Keyboard) their choice. We are also including running the half-mile and mile for P.E. so the students can work on their stamina and do a mini Spartan Race in our back yard in May.
Handwork will include finger knitting, sewing, and Latch Hook knitting. We are excited to adjust our schedule to include more activities for the students to enjoy. The main subjects of Math, Science, and English will be done during the primary part of the day 8 am till 11 pm with 1 hour blocks for each subject of their choice. Here is our schedule:
Monday – Thursday
- 8:00 – 11:00 Math, English & Science
- 11:00 – 11:30 P.E.
- 11:30 – 12:00 Language Arts (Spanish – Monday & Wednesday & Sign Language – Tuesday & Thursday)
- 12:00 – 12:30 History/Critical Thinking/Social Studies/Geography
- 12:30 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 1:45 Music Lesson (1 day a week)/Art (2 days a week)/Handwork (1 day a week)
- 1:45 – 2:00 Homework is given to students who did not get work done daily
- 8:00 – 10:00 Math/Spelling/Vocab Tests
- 10:00 – 10:30 P.E – Running the half-mile and mile
- 10:30 – 11:15 STEM
- 11:15 – 12:15 Review Work from the Week/Grading
- 12:15 – 1:00 Lunch
This is going to be a fun trimester with including more art and handwork as well as testing and encouraging the students to push themselves harder. The spring garden is moving along well and the new art projects have been delivered. Here is some things we have done and will do. Playing lego’s, latch hook, and the garden.
I am excited to see how everyone does with the schedule and the new activities. It will certainly keep us engaged and busy. Plus we get to see how performance levels will be in each subject.