Last year our 1st grader was in a combo class for Kindergarten and 1st. She progressed on all of the Kindergarten curriculum and she did very well in 1st grade math. We decided to do another year of 1st grade to help with the English portion. We will focus on Reading comprehension, spelling, understanding word concepts such as over and under, and reading. We also worked on some second grade Math at the end of last year and decided she will do a combo class for math, 1st and 2nd grade so she gets a stronger foundation.
“Our approach is compassionate and student-centered because we believe that children are sensitive and intelligent and that learning can be joyfully integrated into life.”Oak Meadow About Us
We feel that learning through nature and the world around her will help her develop more and influence her to learn through doing.
We make photocopies of books to write or have a separate notebook for writing the answers so we can use them for our other students. So what did we decide to utilize?
- Oak Meadow Curriculum Book (Language Arts)
- All About Spelling Level 2
- Daily 6-Trait Writing Grade 1 (continued from Summer School)
- Oak Meadow Curriculum Book (Math)
- Mathematical Reasoning Level C – Grade 2
- Oak Meadow Curriculum Book (Science)
- Oak Meadow Curriculum Book (Social Studies, History, Geography)
- The Story of the World – Volume 1
- Oak Meadow Crafts for Early Grades K-3
- Doodle Washington D.C
- Building and Thinking Skills Level 1
- Chasing Fireflies
- Apple Twist
- Smart Cookies
- Music: Beginning Recorder
- Healthy Living from the Start K-3
- Oak Meadow Guide to Teaching the Early Grades K-3
- Word Families